What is UHMWPE?
UHMW-PE is defined as polyethylene whose molecular weight is 3.1 million or higher. When making this determination, it was found that physical properties increased rapidly as lower MW values increased, and then leveled off at the 3,100,000 value. As with most high-performance polymers, the processing of UHMW-PE is not easy. Because of its high melt viscosity, conventional molding and extrusion processes would break the long molecular chains that give the material its excellent properties. Current manufacturing methods include compression molding, ram extrusion and the warm forging of extruded slugs. UHMW-PE has the outstanding abrasion resistance and an extremely low coefficient of friction. Impact strength is high and chemical resistance is excellent.
The material does not break in impact strength tests using standard notched specimens; double-notched specimens break at 20 ft-lb/in (42.1 kJ/m2). UHMW-PE has a crystalline melting point of 267°F (131°C). The recommended maximum service is about 200°F (93°C).
Care should be taken when fastening UHMW-PE, as its large thermal expansion can cause the material to buckle between fasteners if they are too far apart.
UHMW (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) is an extremely tough plastic with high abrasion and wear resistance.
The versatility of polyethylene has made it a popular plastic for countless industrial applications that require durability, low friction, and chemical resistance.
UHMWPE is popular for a variety of reasons and depending on who you ask; you'll often receive a number of different ideas to what the biggest benefits are. The most notable benefits of UHMWPE sheet includes:
- Weight: As mentioned before,UHMWPE is known for being extremely lightweight yet durable.
- Malleability: UHMWPE is easily molded and transformed into just about any shape or design.
- Resistance: Not only does UHMWPE sheet feature a high chemical and impact resistance, but it also is resistant to rotting, insects, mildew and mold.
- Weatherability: UHMWPE sheet is often used for outdoor applications as it can stand some of the most extreme weather.
- Life-Span: Because UHMWPE has such high impact, chemical, and weather resistance, HDPE can outlast traditional materials.
- Durability: As mentioned earlier, the durability of UHMWPE while being lightweight is one of the things that contribute to its popularity. If you've ever dropped a child's plastic toy, you've likely experienced the durability of UHMWPE , as UHMWPE does not shatter, rather it 'bounces' back.
- Sustainability: UHMWPE sheeting is recyclable, which is why many recycled plastic products such as recycled plastic lumber and trash cans contain UHMWPE .
- Black Shiny UHMWPE sheets/board Mirror sheets
UHMWPE mirror sheets,shiny and smooth surface UHMWPE sheets can be used in a variety of industries where excellent impact resistance, high tensile strength, low moisture absorption and chemical and corrosion resistance properties are required. And PE has good insulation properties and is easy to weld. The operating temperature of HDPE is from -50°C to +90°C
1. Resist organic solvents, degreasing agents & electrolytic attack
2. Excellent chemical resistance
3. Good electrical insulation
4. High flexibility (also at low temperature)
5. Good protection against stress cracking
6. Super low water absorption
7. Food safe
1. Pumps and valves, seals, medical industry
2. Used to commodity housing, non-load bearing components, plastic box, turnover box
3. Used to extrusion blow molding containers
Any color according to your requirements
Thickness range: 0.4mm~30mm
Width max.: 2000mm
Length: Any length.
Standard sizes: 1220X2440mm; 1000X2000mm
We can also provide any other sizes according to your special needs.
Plain, Matt, Embossed, Textures
Blue, grey, black, white,yellow, green, red and any other colors according to customers' requirements.